Home - Top Stories - Local Stories - Across Indian Country- Obituaries - Advertising - Classifieds - Subscribe - Contact Us- Events -- Email Us - Powwows - Sports Web Ads - Fort Hall Casino Jobs - Shoshone-Bannock Tribes Jobs- Across Indian Country Page -
|Friday, 13 February, 2015|
• February 13-15 Simnasho Contest Powwow Lincoln’s birthday at Simnasho, Oregon. Drum contest. Friday new and rejointers 5:30 p.m. and grand entry 7 p.m. Saturday grand entry 1 p.m. and Sunday 1:30 p.m. grand entry. 30 and up women’s team round dance special contact Shayla Stwyer. Men’s Round Bustle Special contact Jarvis Stwyer. Youth dance special, Daisy Ike Memorial Women’s Traditional Special, 1-man Hand Drum, Tiny Tot Special. Powwow questions gvn82098aol.com or 541-553-9230 after 6 p.m. Vendors contact Sandra Greene-Sampson 541-553-6619, Kahneeta Resort 1-800-554-4SUN, Mention Lincoln’s for a powwow package, limited rooms
• February 27 – 28 42nd Annual Utah State University Echoing Traditional Ways Powwow at USU Nelson Field House 800 East 700 North Logan, Utah. Host drum Medicine Thunder of Fort Hall, ID. Admission is $4 general public and $3 USU students or 65+ seniors. Kids 7 & under free. Grand entry Fri. 7 p.m. and Sat. 12 and 6 p.m. Specials Switch dance, Head Woman special, Tiny tots special. Drum contest $1000 winner takes all. Hosted by Native American Student Council.
• March 7 8th Annual Diabetes Health Fair & Powwow of Nevada Urban Indians at Wooster High School at 1331 E. Plum Lane Reno, Nevada 89502. Host drum Cliff Eagle singers of Salt Lake City, Utah. Grand entry 12 p.m. with dinner at 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. grand entry and 12 to 5 p.m. health fair. Everyone welcome. Specials are Heal Man Chicken Dance, Head Woman Fancy special, Head teen man traditional special, Head Teen Girl Fancy special
• March 15 4th Annual Healing the Spirit Round Dance will be at the Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake City ( Indian Walk-in Center). MC is Bart Powaukee, Stickman Randall Paskemin, and Sound Bear. Invited singers are John Scabbyrobe, Shawn Scabbyrobe, Algin Scabbyrobe, Collin Chief, Dan Chief, Conrad Benally, Jamon Paskemin. Invited Back up singers are Raenisa Ridley and Deedee Pacheco. There will be a opening feed at 4:30 p.m. and please bring a dish to share. Opening will be at 6 p.m. There will be Cake walks, 50/50, and raffle. This event is sponsored by Granger Medical Clinic Urology, Urban Indian Center of SLC, Native American Trading post, A.D. Desins, Stolen Horse Designs and Creationsbykm Nez.
• March 15 Eastern Shoshone Round Dance Honoring Chiefs Nation Champions and Lady Chiefs third place class 2A State Basketball. There will be a 6 p.m. Carry-in feast at the Wyoming Indian High School. This event sponsored by Youth Wellness 307-332-4805 and Eastern Shoshone Youth Prevention.
March 28 – 29 University of Redwoods Powwow Redland, Calif. MC Ruben Littlehead Host drums Young Spirit and Buc Wild. Singing contest $4,000 first place and all categories first $700, 2nd $500, 3rd $400, 4th $300. All specials TBA at powwow with tiny tots paid daily. For more information 800-732-8805, ext 4795 or email@example.com.
• April 4-5 University of Idaho 16th Annual Tutximepu Powwow located at the UI Kibble Dome at 1000 Stadium dome. Drum and dance contest. For more information call UI Native American Student Center at 208-885-4237 or email nativesuidaho.edu.