Home - Top Stories - Local Stories - Across Indian Country- Obituaries - Advertising - Classifieds - Subscribe - Contact Us- Events -- Email Us - Powwows - Sports Web Ads - Fort Hall Casino Jobs - Shoshone-Bannock Tribes Jobs- Across Indian Country Page -
|Thursday, 18 December, 2014|
• December 19 – 20 Buffalo Lodge Round dance at Fort Hall, Idaho. All singers are invited 7 p.m. Potluck dinner on the Dec. 20, bring your favorite dish. Swing and sway the night away. Cake walks, 50/50, concession stand. Bring your family. Contact Eric Wahtomy 705-4247.
• December 19-20 Young Bear Round Dance at Waterchief Hall Mandaree, ND. Invited drums Young Bucks and announcers ar Hal Eagletail and Donny Speidel. Stickmen are Jerry Dreaver (WFJrs.) and Rylan Baker of Young Bear. Feed at 6 p.m. Round dance starts at 7 p.m. both nights. Contact Tony Tonez Phelan 701-421-3623.
• December 26 & 27 Birthday Celebration Dance honoring Ira Waterhouse Jr. at Timbee Hall Gym, Fort Hall, Idaho 2 miles West of I-15, Exit 80 and a half mile North. Dec. 26 registration 6-8:30 and Saturday 11 a.m. to noon. Birthday dinner Saturday 5 to 6 p.m. Gary Waton, MC and all drums paid, bring your own chairs. For info call Manuelita (208) 242-7832/ email@example.com or Iralene (208)251-3766 firstname.lastname@example.org. Feast info Vivian (208) 339-3969. All categories have 3 places and tiny tot girls 1-3 years fancy shawl special. There will be cake walks, 50/50 and games.
• January 9 First Annual Healthy New Year Powwow at Fort Hall Elementary School in Fort Hall, Idaho. Powwow is 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. and everyone is encouraged to support the children at their function. For more information call (208) 237-2207.
• January 10, 2015 First Annual Powwow at American Falls High School. Everyone is welcome. Free dinner at 5 p.m. Grand entry 1 p.m. and second grand entry 7 p.m. Host drum Buffalo Thunder. Vendor space available for $25 for a table, please call 479-01113. Guest speakers are Tadraschell Murray, Miss Shoshone-Bannock, Lee Juan Tyler, Vice Chairman of Fort Hall Business Council, Headman Dancer Alfred Taylor, Southern Ute, Headwoman Mia Haskett, Shoshone-Bannock, MC Mathew Neaman Shoshone-Bannock. All proceeds go to AFHS Indian Club. Sponsors are AF JOM, Southern Ute Tribe, AFHS, AF Native American Club and Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. American Falls High is 2966 S. Frontage Rd. American Falls, Idaho 83211.